Home Care Workers CareStar Awards (“CareStar Awards”)
While many people are still unaware or devalue the contribution of the over 450,000 HCWs—Home Health aides and Personal Care Assistants in NYC and Long Island, the Anchor Group in collaboration with several industry partners present the CareStar Awards 2020. The CareStar Awards recognizes the important roles and contributions of HCWs to our communities; caring for clients and supporting their aging in place, thereby, allowing their families to continue to engage in their daily professional and social lives. In short, HCWs are pivotal to the productivity working of NYC and its health care system.
Objective of Awards
The CareStar Awards was created to recognize and highlight unrecognized the home care aides. Shinning the light on home health aides is critical to the sustenance of the industry, recognizing their invaluable work and commitment to the delivery of quality care to clients and their families.
The awards will:
- Spotlight the work and contribution of home care workers in NYC and Long Island
- Engage community and provide information about the contribution of home care workers to NYC and Long Island
- Support long-term care agency in their efforts to maintain and strengthen a stable workforce
The Anchor Team will award twenty (20) home care workers that:
- Exemplify extraordinary commitment to clients and families while following company policies and procedures
- Show compassion, empathy, and respect in the delivery of quality care for clients and families
- Acknowledge and meet the unique physical, emotional, and practical needs of clients and families
- Improve the quality of life for clients and families